Crafters Choice have a couple of exciting new Christmas range and today I get to share with you a set of fun rose gold Chrismas cards. These are not hard to make and below I’ll show you an easy trick for adding texture on the glittered rose gold card.
Ruby Rock-It Brands materials: Crafters Choice Rose Gold Luxury A4 Cardstock, Festive Pop Die Cut Pack, Festive Pop Sticker Booklet, Champagne Bling, Fundamentals Metallic Cardstock Set
Other: letter punch, embossing pad and powder
The Crafters Choice Rose Gold Luxury Cardstock set is just divine and I love the variety of sheen, glitz, gloss of each sheet. The shiny Metallic sheet worked a treat for the large letter joy title on the cards, and it’s gorgeously shiny!
The copper card base is from the Franchville Metallic Cardstock set which has a nice subtle glittery finish, coordinating perfectly with the pretty rose gold cardstock.
Trimmed sheets of the Matte and Glittered Rose Gold cards from the Luxury Cardstock set are then layered on top of the cards. Some texture is then added to the background of the glittered cardstock.
Here’s a quick step by step on how to create an easy textured look on the rose gold glittered cardstock:
- Trim the glittered cardstock to size.
- Roughly run an embossing pad through the top of the card.
- On a clean and dry sheet of paper, generously sprinkle a two tone embossing powder on top of the whole card. Use a color that matches/accentuates the color scheme of the cards, in this case I used aged copper shade to compliment the rose gold and copper tones.
- Gently tap the excess off and put the rest of embossing powder back into its container. Seal the powder container well once done with this step to prevent any spillages and messy clean ups.
- Heat emboss the powder with a heat embossing gun until all the powder on the surface melts. Take care not to burn your hand, working slowly around the card.
- Let it cool for a minute or two and it is done, such a cool effect with little effort. It’s fun adding a layer of background onto the rose gold cardstock.
The adorable pieces from the Festive Pop Die Cut Pack are then added on top of the title, along with the sentiments from the Festive Pop Sticker Sheet which have an awesome holographic effect. It’s all finished off with some pretty Crafters Choice Champagne Bling.
So there’s my easy rose gold Christmas cards. They were fun to create and I got them done in no time. I hope I have inspired you to create with the Crafters Choice Luxury Cardstock Set and Festive Pop collection. These are available to purchase at a Spotlight store near you. I’ll be back for more Festive pop inspiration soon.