Merry Christmas everyone! It felt that Christmas has come so quickly this year. To celebrate this holiday season, I have two Christmas cards to share with you. It features the lovely Nostalgic Treasures collection from Crafters Choice.
Ruby Rock-It Brands materials: Nostalgic Treasures 12×12 Paper Pad, Crafters Choice Gold A4 Luxury Cardstock Set, Bella Gold Florals, Fundamentals White Cardstock, Franchville Metallic Cardstock Set, Crafters Choice Bling (Clear & Metallic Gold Droplets; 2mm Bling Red/Green/Clear/Metallic Gold; Red & Green Rhinestone Sheet; 3mm Bling Clear & Metallic Gold)
Ranger Distress Ink materials: Candied Apple, Pine Needles, Foam Applicator
Other: nesting dies, foam tape, mini flowers
As soon as I saw the gorgeous birds from the Nostalgic Treasures Paper Pad, I knew I have to show them off in a couple of special Christmas cards. I am really drawn to birds lately and I hear them everyday. I love the beautiful sound of the birds in our yard every morning and throughout the day. My youngest daughter even made a nest for the birds in one of our trees so they are well looked after, how cute.
For a lovely festive feel, I have added some layers of shiny mirror, matt mirror, and white metallic pearl cardstock on the cards. Nothing says luxury more than gold and the Crafters Choice Gold Cardstock set is just divine. The gorgeous pearly white sheen on the Franchville Cardstock also elevated the look of the cards.
I have die cut the cardstock and paper layers, and then inked the edges of the metallic pearl cardstock and papers with the Ranger Candied Apple Distress Inkpad and foam applicator. The Candied Apple shade is a great match to the red colours of the Nostalgic Treasures collection. I then added some subtle shading of the Pine Needles Distress Ink onto the white cardstock base of the cards.
For the cluster, I’ve fussy cut some leaves from the paper pad and added these by the birds along with some Gold Bella Florals and some mini flowers from my stash. To finish it off, I added some gorgeous Crafters Choice Bling onto the frames of the cards. The little red and green diamond bling on the frames are trimmed from the Rhinestone Sheets. And how cute are the Droplets Bling? They are so versatile and look like mini watermelon seeds which come in different colours. All bling sets from Crafters Choice go a long way, always great to have in your craft stash. You never know when you need some pretty bling.
For another special touch, these festive cards can also stand up. It is simple to make and here’s a quick step by step of how to create the base of the stand up card.
- Trim the White Fundamentals Cardstock to 4″ wide.
- Fold this in half with a bone folder.
- Open the card and fold the top 2 1/4″ with a bone folder as pictured.
- For my cards, I have inked the edges with the Pine Needle Ranger Distress Inkpad and foam applicator. This also shows you a clear image on where the folds are. The folded measurement at the bottom front of my cards are 2 1/4″ x 4″. You can adjust the size accordingly to suit your card.
- Trim your choice of cardstock into 1 1/4″ x 3 1/2″. This will go inside the card that will help the front stand up. For illustration purposes I have used white cardstock. For my festive cards I have die cut some Gold Matt Mirror Cardstock and then layered some Nostalgic Treasures paper strips/gold foiled sentiment on top. You can adjust this measurement slightly smaller or larger to suit what you need, and as long as this cannot be seen outside of the card.
- Adhere this onto bottom of the card inside as pictured with some foam tape. Make sure you do use foam tape as you need this dimension to make the card stand up.
- Last is the fun part, which is to create the front design of your card. Once this step is done, generously apply some adhesive onto the bottom fold of the front of the card only. Align the bottom of the decorated front onto the bottom fold and adhere together, pressing onto it for a few seconds then let dry completely.
And that is the last card share for this year. I have thouroughly enjoyed creating this year and sharing them all with you. Life is always so busy and creating has always been my “me time” and sanity. Thanks for joining me in my creative journey and I hope to give you more inspiration moving forward.
For more Ruby Rock-It Brands goodies, click HERE. Or check them out at a Spotlight store near you.
Have a Very Merry Christmas!